Fantastic library but lacks tests

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Hi all,

First of all thank you for sharing this library.Usually I look at libraries like yours with the main goal of learning and be a better programmer.

Many Libraries like yours have fantastic code but many of the methods I am not sure how to use them.So it requires quite a bit of time to work how it works.

And sometimes I found that they do not work at all.

Is there any plans to add tests for all the methods.Why not writing a test first and then make it pass.I suppose time is always an issue.

Thanks again for your library

Developer
Apr 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Hi Brix,

Thanks for commenting, would you be able to let us know which method(s) doesn't work?

We do try to make tests for these methods, however, as you said, it takes time... which not a lot of us have nowaday.

So we would appreciate it if you (the user) could report bugs and issue and suggest methods that you would like to see in the library.

Then we would happily fix, discussed and add them to make an even better library for everyone to use.

Regards,

Michael Tran

about.me/MichaelTran

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Brix,

I have to completely disagree with your post. The methods found in the dnpextensions work fine for me.

I havent come across any issues I could not resolve myself. If you are unhappy with the behavior of an extension then just rewrite it to suite yourself - simple (then share your work back with the community).

Jeremy.